PayPal is a very popular payment system which provides its users with a safe and secure method of payment. After PayPal started its partnership with eBay, it rose in prominence and now online merchants from all over the world accept PayPal as one of their accepted payment methods. PayPal offers you a convenient method to shop online by just setting up an account on PayPal account. Here is how you can create PayPal account to start benefiting from its marvelous features.
Steps to create PayPal account
To get started with PayPal, the first thing you need is a PayPal account. It is always free to create an account on PayPal. All you need to do is to open to its website and navigate to the registration page. Here are the steps you will need to take:
- Go to www.PayPal.com on your web browser
- Click on the Sign Up button from the top right corner
- On the next page choose Personal Account and click Next
- Provide your first name, last name, your email address and a secure password
- On the next step, enter your address, city and zip code along with your phone number (All these information is necessary to create an account)
- Tick the user agreement box and click on Agree and Create Account
- You will be asked to confirm your phone number for further securing your account, however, you can skip this step by clicking on Later
- On the next step, choose whether you want to buy with PayPal or you want to send money.
- Now you need to link your card so that you can buy with PayPal. Enter your debit or credit card number along with the expiration date, CSC and your billing address. Once you are done, click on Link Card.
- PayPal will prompt you to sign up for a line of credit. This is optional. If you don’t want to apply, click on “No Thanks”.
By taking these steps, you will be able to create PayPal account in a few minutes. But in order to be able to use all the features available on PayPal, you will need to confirm your account.
How to verify PayPal account?
In order to be able to receive money in your PayPal account, you will need to confirm your email. The steps to create PayPal account is simple and confirming your account is as simple as creating it.
When you have created your account on PayPal, you should have received an email on the email address you have provided on the registration step. If you can’t find the PayPal message in your inbox, check your Spam folder or “Purchases” label in Gmail. You can also ask PayPal to send another message from your account Summary page. Once you have opened the email, click on “This is my email” to confirm it.
How to link your bank account to PayPal?
In order to be able to send money from your bank account or to transfer funds, what you will need to do is to link your bank account to PayPal after you create PayPal account.
To get started, go to your account summary page and click on “Link a Bank Account”. What you need to note here is that sending money to friends and family from your linked bank account is cheaper than using your debit or credit card.
After you click on Add/Edit Bank Account, you will see a list of banks, if your bank is listed, just enter your online banking login information to link your bank account.
If your bank is not listed, you will need to enter your account number and routing number. This may take from 24 to 48 hours to be confirmed. PayPal will make two small deposits into your account, totaling less than a dollar. What you will need to do is to enter these two values in order to confirm that you are the owner of the bank account.
You can also use PayPal to manage your various credit and debit cards, allowing you to checkout from websites without having to enter your information each time through linking your cards to your PayPal account.